Distinctives (1-5 adapted from Acts 29 Distinctives)
- We are passionate about gospel centrality. The gospel is of first importance – the centerpiece of the Christian faith.
- We enthusiastically embrace the sovereignty of God’s grace in saving sinners.
- We embrace a missionary understanding of the local church and its role as the primary means by which God chooses to establish his kingdom on earth. We believe the great commission compels us to plant new churches. So, we willingly send away people and resources for the establishment of new churches and the spread of the gospel. We do not measure success by our seating capacity, but by our sending capacity.
- We recognize and rest upon the necessity of the empowering presence of the Holy Spirit for all of life and ministry. We seek to plant churches which view the luring work of the Holy Spirit as the only hope for healthy church growth.
- We are deeply committed both to the fundamental spiritual and moral equality of male and female as well as the principle of male headship in the church and home.
- We are led by elders – men who are called, equipped, and qualified to serve Christ’s church.
- We practice meaningful church membership for several compelling reasons. First, the idea of defining who are God’s people and who are not is consistent throughout Scripture. Second, much of the New Testament is nearly impossible to obey without defined church membership.
- We reject the idea that things like ministry and living on mission belong to a professional class of religious practitioners. Rather, we believe all followers of Jesus are called, equipped, and empowered by God the Holy Spirit, to live as his ambassadors – as his ministers of reconciliation in whatever context He has placed them (2 Corinthians 5:18-21).
Want to know more about what we believe? We affirm the following statements:
- Baptist Faith & Message of 2000: http://www.sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp
- Acts 29 Network Distinctives: http://www.acts29.com/about/
- Danvers Statement on Biblical Manhood & Womanhood: http://cbmw.org/uncategorized/the-danvers-statement/
- The Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy: http://www.etsjets.org/files/documents/Chicago_Statement.pdf