For if you live according to the flesh you will die,
but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. (Romans 8:13 ESV)
WHAT IS A FIGHT CLUB?
Fight Clubs are same-gender groups of about three people encouraging each other to live a life aligned with the gospel of Jesus Christ. The ultimate goal is to love Jesus more, through our affection for him and our allegiance to him, by helping each other rehearse the gospel and fight sin. Fight Clubs strive to meet once a week for an intentional, focused time devoted to the routines below.
FIGHT CLUB ROUTINES
The following routines aim at helping us LEARN how to live in light of the gospel.
- Learning from and communing with God, primarily through the Bible and prayer.
- Encouraging each other in the fight against sin.
- Applying the truth of the gospel to our lives – both in our affections and allegiances.
- Repenting of sin and putting the deeds of the body to death by the Spirit.
- Nurturing gospel-motivated disciplines, so as to align with the gospel in all areas of life.
FIGHT CLUB TRAINING