At our Sunday gatherings childcare is provided for three different life stages.
– Infants through toddlers (age 2)
– Children from 2-4 years of age
– Age 4 through elementary (this class meets for the first hour of our worship gathering (1030-1130). At 1130 the teachers bring these children to join their parents for the final 20-30 minutes of our gathering – which consists primarily of worship through music and communion.
On Saturday nights child care is provided for children from birth through age five – in one child-care room. Our Saturday night child care options are scaled back from the normal Sunday morning routine.
There are two key components to our curriculum.
- Catechism (http://www.sojournkids.com/northstar/) “Our kids need to have their faith firmly rooted in doctrine that has weathered the centuries. For thousands of years, travelers have been guided on their journey by a fixed point in the night sky: the North Star. While other stars appear to shift with the passing of time, the North Star remains anchored. This gift allows travelers to know where they are and where they need to go. Like its celestial namesake, our prayer is that the North Star Catechism will like be a faithful guide for the next generation.Lessons featuring the Jesus Storybook Bible.” – From the catechism developers at Sojourn Kids
- Lessons from the Jesus Storybook Bible
The Jesus Storybook Bible tells that Story beneath all the stories in the Bible. From Noah to Moses to the great King David, every story points to a Child. The one upon whom everything would depend…
There are lots of stories in the Bible. But all the stories are telling one big story. The story of how God loves his children and comes to rescue them.The Jesus Storybook Bible invites children to discover for themselves the one who is at the center of God’s great rescue story — and at the center of their story, too.
Because the Bible isn’t a book of rules. Or a book of heroes. The Bible is most of all a story.And at the center of that story is a baby. And every single story in the Bible whispers his name.
For any questions related to our children’s ministry please contact Ruth Pineda: email@example.com